Disability Awareness Training with atWork Australia
We know inclusive employment is good for business, it helps build an accessible and inclusive workplace and promotes a diverse workforce. People living with disability have many contributions to make to workplaces and the wider community, but their capacity to do so can be limited by the perceptions or actions of others.
atWork Australia is pleased to run free Disability Awareness Training to enhance awareness and knowledge of disability and inclusion in the workplace.
Our Disability Awareness Training empowers employers to build more diverse teams and confidently supports employees living with disability. It provides workplaces with practical tools and strategies to gain a deeper understanding of how to attract, recruit and support a diverse workforce.
Topics covered include:
- Enhancing awareness and knowledge of disability
- Increasing confidence to work with people living with disability
- Preparing for the employment of a person living with disability
- Challenging attitudes
- Understanding the types of workplace adjustments available
- Gaining practical tools and strategies to make your workplace accessible to all
Why employ someone living with disability?
- Bring a wide range of skills, qualifications and talents to the workplace
- Access a broader talent pool and embrace all human potential
- Because the best person for the job may be a person living with disability
- Chances are, you’re already doing it!
What are the next steps?
To join atWork Australia’s National Employer Engagement Manager, Penny Evans, along with DES Ambassador, Shaun Pianta, at the next free Disability Awareness Training session including an interactive Q&A webinar, you need to:
- Register your interest today. Once you register for Disability Awareness Training webinar session you’ll receive an email link to the training video and worksheet
- Attend the webinar session including Q&A with Penny Evans and Shaun Pianta.
Register your interest today
Sign up for our Q&A webinar registration link below to secure your spot in the next training session.
- Friday, 22 July 2022 at 11:30am AEST
- Register for the session here.
atWork Australia is a leading national Disability Employment Services provider. We’re committed to providing excellent employment support services, making a tangible difference to the lives of people living with disability, injury or health condition, and helping employers find great people for their business.